2023 Grant Requests
Grant Application Deadline is May 15, 2023 - You will be notified by June 15, 2023 if your grant was successfully awarded. Funds for the $500, $1000, and $2500 grants will be delivered quickly upon approval. The funds for $5,000 grants will not, however, be delivered until after the Smucker's Birdies & Charity event on September 18, 2023. See General Grant Information below for more information.
Jotform - With the Jotform platform, you cannot "Save and Continue," so we recommend that you type your answers in a separate word document, and copy and paste answers into the Jotform. Here is a preview of the application and questions: Sample Grant Application.
Grant Funding Timeline: The $500, $1000, $2500, and $5000 grants will have different timelines that you can read about in the drop down below.
Looking for Equipment for your Grant Program? You can reserve SNAG Equipment in advance for your program by calling the Section Office at (216) 765-1214!
1. To be eligible for a $5000 grant, the program or facility must have a Northern Ohio PGA member involved in coordinating the program and/or providing instruction.
2. The levels of grants are simply maximums.
a. For example, if you are applying for $1989.78 for SNAG Equipment, you would apply for a $2500 grant because that amount falls between $1000 and $2500. If you were to be approved for the SNAG Equipment, you would be funded for the exact amount of the SNAG Equipment ($1989.78), not $2500.00.
3. The grant application must include a detailed budget and explanation of how the grant funds are to be used.
4. Grants will be limited to (1) per facility. Additional grant requests will be considered if there is funding available and if the additional request is for a different program targeting a different demographic or program goals.
5. We focus on providing grants to programs in need, and programs that align with our mission statement of helping junior golf, education, scholarships, and local charities.
6. Grant recipients will be asked to provide a follow-up report in the form of a Grant Summary Report outlining the results of the program and showing how the money was spent.
7. To be considered for a $5000 grant, applications are due prior to May 15, 2023.
a. Approval or denial of these grants will be within 30 days of May 15th.
b. Grant recipients approved for $5000 grants must fill out the Grant Summary Report to receive their grant in 2023.
i. Being approved for a $5000 does not mean that you will receive the $5000 grant; you must show proper documentation including a budget, profit/loss statement, invoices, and/or receipts in your Grant Summary Report showing how the money was spent before you are reimbursed.
8. To be considered for a $500, $1000, or $2500 grant, there are two opportunities to apply in 2023.
a. Application deadlines are May 15th and October 15th, 2023.
b. Applicants will be notified of the approval or denial of grant applications within thirty days of these dates.
c. Grant recipients approved for $500, $1000, or $2500 grants are expected to fill out a Grant Summary Report at the end of their program.
9. The deadline to submit a Grant Summary Report in 2023 is October 1, 2023.