2019 Futures Tour Championship Results
WELCOME TO THE NOPGA 9-HOLE FUTURES TOUR!
The Northern Ohio PGA welcomes players between the ages of 8-15 years old to participate in our 9-hole Futures Tour Program! The Futures Tour was created as a way to give Young Golfers the ability to see what Tournament Golf is like in a fun environment. Parents and family members are permitted to caddie for their junior in order to assist in the round.
Having the comfortable tournament environment where they can enjoy the game of golf at the beginning stages of their golf career promotes long lasting passion and commitment to the game.
A caddie bib will be provided to every player to keep at the end of the season, thanks to the generosity of GolfTec NEOH for sponsoring the bibs. If you wish to receive a bib with your name on it, you must sign up for the event at least one week in advance (The usual event deadline) in order to ensure that there will be a bib with your name on it at your first event.
Once you play in your first event, the bib is officially yours and it is your responsibility to bring it to Future 9 hole events that season! The only request the Northern Ohio PGA staff has is to wash the bib after each event to ensure all bibs are stain and smell free!
The Futures Tour players in 2020 will be awarded points for their placement in each Futures Tour event, which will be finalized following the Tour Championship and a Player of the Year will be decided for each age division.
Also, the highest point winner in each age division (Player of the Year) will be awarded a trophy and gift at the Professional Golfers Association Fall Meeting.. Players will receive points based upon their finish (see point chart).
Membership for the Pups Futures Tour has an early bird registration discount that will be $40 for membership until May 1st. The membership fee will be $45 after the 1st of May.
Example of age groups for the Northern Ohio PGA 9 Hole Futures Tour (The age cutoff is as of August 3rd, 2020):
BOYS AND GIRLS AGE DIVISIONS:
8-11 Years of Age – nine holes with caddy
12-15 Years of Age – nine holes with caddy
Please keep in mind that if a player wishes to move to the 18 hole program during the season are allowed to do so; However, if the player moves up, the points previously earned will not transfer over to their new Tournament Division. If a player moves up to the 18 Hole Junior Series, they will be charged $50 to cover the difference between the two memberships.
The Northern Ohio PGA is excited to continue the Caddie Partner Program. This program is for all adults wanting to walk with their children and be their caddy. The caddy must be a Family member with a valid driver’s license. Although you may have more than one caddy per family, only one caddy per family is permitted to caddy at a time. All caddies in a family must have knowledge in the Rules of Golf including the Caddie guidelines within the Rules of Golf. Parents who are not caddying will still be able to walk on the golf course but must remain at least 25 yards away from their junior and cannot assist their juniors or caddie in a way that may be considered advice.
Please visit the Junior Forms area to read the Caddy Information & Rules Packet.
The object of this membership is to give juniors a comfort zone and enjoy the game of golf at the beginning stages of their golf career with parental support. Parents who are not caddying will still be able to walk on the golf course but must remain ½ hole away from their junior and cannot assist their juniors.
Please Read The Following Rules and check your calendar before you register for any Northern Ohio PGA Junior Golf event. There are NO refunds after the deadline date and a $5.00 cancellation fee before the deadline date.
9 HOLE TOUR RULES & GUIDELINES
- Age divisions: Boys & Girls 8-11, 12-15
- Spectators: The host site may have special regulations; however, in general when spectators are permitted, follow these guidelines. Please call site for club policy.
- Spectators should stay on the cart path at least 1/2 hole away from player unless they have joined the Partner Caddy Program.
- Membership may be suspended or cancelled for willful disregard of the Rules of Golf, proper Golf Etiquette, or for dishonest, unsportsmanlike or unbecoming conduct of player or guardian.
- The Pups Futures tour players in 2020 will be awarded points for their placement in each Pups Futures Tour Event. The highest point winner in each age division (Player of the Year) will be awarded a trophy and gift at the Professional Golfers Association Fall meeting.
- Prizes: A first, second and third place prize will be awarded in each age division in the regular season events.
- Tie Breaking:
- For prizes: Ties will stand as reported.
- For the Tour Championship there will be a physical playoff for first place and scorecard playoff for 2nd and 3rd place ties.
- Tee Times and pairing information: The BlueGolf system will e-mail tee times to all that are registered. Please keep your e-mail address up to date.
- 9 Hole Players Tournament Rule:
- All regular tour events are 9 holes
- Walking only. Players may pull a cart or carry their clubs. For physical handicap situations call The Northern Ohio PGA.
- Caddies are permitted for the 9 Hole Tour only
- Other course rules determined by host site and/or Jr Staff.
- There are no refunds after the deadline. Please check your schedule before you register for any event.
Be sure to sign up before the deadline date. Host professional may invoke a local rule to permit preferred lies in extreme weather conditions and will have the right to cancel said event due to extreme weather.
Have a questions? Please e-mail email@example.com when you have special requests for tee times or pairings. For general questions, you may call the NOPGA office at 216-765-1214.