2019 Junior PGA Section Championship Results
2019 Kenny Novak Tour Championship Results
The Northern Ohio PGA Junior Series is a group of tournaments for boys and girls ages 11-19. The tournaments are held at various Northern Ohio sites. These events are designed to offer juniors of all skill levels the opportunity to compete and enjoy learning how to handle the competition of tournament play.
Player of the Year point list will determine qualifiers in each age group to play in the Junior Section Championship at Portage CC and the Tour Championship at Club Walden.
Juniors can automatically qualify if they are the winner of one of the events leading up to the championships or ranking high in the Player of the Year points list by the Event Deadline. In the case that there are events between the deadline and the Championship itself, a player may still ‘qualify’ by winning the event. NO OTHER EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
Juniors must also be able to average 125 or below to play at the championship. Double points will be issued at the Junior Section Championship and at the Tour Championship.
The Northern Ohio PGA Junior PGA Section Championship is a flagship program created by the PGA of America to offer exemptions into the National Junior PGA Championship at a local level.
CLICK HERE for more information about our local Section Championship
CLICK HERE to learn more about the National Jr PGA Championship
The NOPGA Junior Tour offers a premier local Championship for all 18-Hole Junior Tour Members. The long running championship has celebrated many Champions since its inaugural season in 1984 and is honored to continually be welcomed with open arms by the Members and Staff at Club Walden.
The NOPGA Junior Tour continues the event to not only provide a premier event for junior golfers, but to continue to honor and remember Junior Golfer, Kenny Novak, who gave his life to save others.
The Kenny Novak Tour Championship includes lunch, tee gifts, proximity prizes, and awards for the top places in each age division. The 16-19 age divisions play 36-holes over the span of two days and the 11-15 divisions play on the second day. Following the first round for the 16-19 divisions there is a 4-hole shootout sponsored by Merrill-Lynch.
- The Merrill-Lynch Shootout takes the top 8 boys and top 8 girls to compete. Two Players are eliminated from each hole until only one boy and one girl remain. Winners will receive a Merril-Lynch Shootout Trophy.
For more information about anything regarding Junior Golf, please contact Junior Golf Director, Bradley Sims, at Bsims@pgahq.com.
- The cost of membership is $98.00 Annually.
- Register before May 1st and receive $8 off the above membership.
- All players must be able to play 18 holes in recommended Pace of Play time. (Typically 12-14 minutes per hole at most)
- Registration for all NOPGA junior events must be made online by the deadline date (Always a week before). Please check your calendar before your sign up for any Northern Ohio PGA Junior Golf Event as there are no refunds after the deadline date and a $5.00 cancellation fee before the deadline. Registrations can be transferred by a staff member at no cost.
- All participants will qualify in age division they will be on August 3rd of the current year.
- Tournaments are scratch and stroke play. Summer rules will be in effect for all tournaments unless stated otherwise at each event.
- Players are expected to understand of the Rules of Golf and the difference between a Permanent Rule and a Local Rule. Local Rules can change from an event to event basis.
- The Junior Golf Staff may invoke a local rule to permit preferred lies in extreme weather conditions and will have the right to cancel said event due to extreme weather.
- Caddies are NOT allowed for 18 hole players of competition.
- All spectators must remain on the cart path or 25 yards away from group they are following; and may not communicate with players.
- Membership may be suspended or cancelled for willful disregard of the Rules of Golf, proper Golf Etiquette, not turning in a scorecard or for dishonest, unsportsmanlike or unbecoming conduct of player or guardian.
- Range finders are permitted by the Northern Ohio PGA as long as they do not measure elevation.
- Please keep your e-mail address up to date to receive tee times, tournament changes and championship invitations from the BlueGolf Registration System.
- Any questions please e-mail us at BSims@pgahq.com or call the Section Office at (216) 765-1214.
Junior Golf Scoreboard Ranking Tournaments:
With the junior golf world becoming so competitive, juniors are looking for a way to compete at the national level. The Northern Ohio PGA Junior Tours are now giving you that opportunity, and you do not have to drive across the country to do so. The Northern Ohio PGA will once again be combining single day events into 36-hole contests, making the contest eligible for Junior Golf Scoreboard Rankings. Below are the Northern Ohio PGA Junior Tour 36 hole ranked events at no additional charge. The events will still be 18-hole contests, but those who sign up for the correct combination(s) of two 18 hole events listed below, will have their scores entered into the 36 hole contest for Junior Golf Scoreboard Rankings.
- #1 NOPGA Jr Ranked Series #1 (Two 18 hole events combined)
- May 28 – Wooster CC – Wooster, OH
- May 30 – Trumbull CC – Warren, OH
- #2 NOPGA Jr Ranked Series #2 (Two 18 hole events combined)
- May 26 – CC of Hudson – Hudson, OH
- July 7 – Riceland GC – Orrville, OH
- #3 NOPGA Jr Ranked Series #3 (Two 18 hole events combined)
- June 1 – Lake Forest CC – Hudson, OH
- June 4 – Avon Oaks CC – Avon, OH
- #4 NOPGA Jr Ranked Series #4 (Two 18 hole events combined)
- June 6 – Mill Creek GC – Boardman, OH
- June 12 – Black Brook GC – Mentor, OH
- #5 NOPGA Junior Sectional Championship #5
- (Invite only through qualifiers)
- June 8 & 9 – Portage CC – Akron, OH
- #6 NOPGA Jr Ranked Series #6 (Two 18 hole events combined)
- June 15 – Turkeyfoot Lake Golf Links – Portage Lakes, OH
- June 16 – Ellsworth Meadows GC – Hudson, OH
- #7 NOPGA Jr Ranked Series #7 (Two 18 hole events combined)
- June 18 – Silver Lake CC – Stow, OH
- June 22 – Fairlawn CC – Fairlawn, OH
- #8 NOPGA Jr Ranked Series #8 (Two 18 hole events combined)
- June 26 – Tannenhauf GC – Alliance, OH
- July 2 – Rawiga CC – Seville, OH
- #9 NOPGA Jr Ranked Series #9 (Two 18 hole events combined)
- July 6 – Pine Hills GC – Hinckley, OH
- July 10 – Fox Den GC – Stow, OH
- #10 NOPGA Jr Ranked Series #10 (Two 18 hole events combined)
- July 13 – Pine Lakes GC – Hubbard, OH
- July 14 – Chippewa GC – Doylestown, OH
- #11 NOPGA Jr Ranked Series #11(Two 18 hole events combined)
- July 16th (Boys 16-19) or 17th (Girls Div. & Boys 11-15) – Windmill Lakes GC – Ravenna, OH
- July 20th – Columbia Hills CC – Columbia Station, OH
- #12 NOPGA Jr Tour Championship (16-19 Divisions only)
- Club Walden – Aurora, OH
- #1 NOPGA Jr Ranked Series #1 (Two 18 hole events combined)
AJGA PBE STARS FOR JGS 36-HOLE EVENTS:
***ALL EVENT COMBINATIONS ARE PENDING APPROVAL FOR 2020***
Please note that field sizes have an influence on the number of stars for the event. If the field size is too low for the 36-Hole events it may effect the earning of stars for the events in future seasons.
YOU MUST PLAY IN BOTH 18-HOLE EVENTS OF THE SERIES TO HAVE A CHANCE TO EARN STARS. THE LOW SCORER OF THE 36-HOLES EARNS THE STARS AND WINNING ONE OF THE 18-HOLE EVENTS DOES NOT MEAN THE EARNING OF THE PBE STAR(S)
Performance Based Entry was introduced in 2003 as the means to determine AJGA tournament fields. This enables members to earn their way into AJGA tournaments based on performances at the national, regional and state levels.
The AJGA records information on all players (AJGA members and registered non-members) who play in a recognized event and meet the required finish in that event. AJGA members can view their status anytime in the AJGA Player Center on the AJGA website, ajga.org. By competing in Performance Based Entry-recognized tournaments, players may increase their "status" with the AJGA. For more information about PBE Stars CLICK HERE.
The AJGA website, ajga.org, is the official source for information regarding Performance Based Entry and is subject to change. The Northern Ohio PGA strongly urges all who want to learn more about AJGA to visit their official site.
TO VIEW ANY APPROVE PBE STARS FOR THE SEASON PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW
Points Table (Championship are double points)