2021 Jackson Dieken Player of the Year Points List
2020 Junior PGA Section Championship Results
2020 Results for the 37th Tour Championship
The Northern Ohio PGA Junior Series is a group of tournaments for boys and girls ages 11-19. The tournaments are held at some of the premier golf facilities in Northern Ohio. These events are designed to offer juniors of all skill levels the opportunity to compete and enjoy learning how to handle the competition of tournament play.
The Jackson Dieken Player of the Year Points:
Juniors can earn points based on their finish at every individual stroke play juniors event throughout the season. Where a player stands on the Player of the Year points list not only goes towards the race for Player of the Year, but also is how Juniors can qualify for the NOPGA Junior Tour Championship at Club Walden. One of the premier junior events in Northern Ohio! Throughout the season, you will see a qualifying line on the points list to see where you stand in the race to qualify for the Tour Championship.
The Player of the Year Points List is sponsored by Jackson Dieken and Associates who provides Golf Bags and Awards to each Player of the Year Points winner at the end of each season. Each player will be recognized at the NOPGA PGA Professional Fall Meeting.
Player of the Year winners will also receive benefits when possible. Examples of benefits would be 18 Hole Player of the Year winners receiving priority registration into the next season’s Junior PGA Section Championship as well as invites to the Joe Haase Cup Match Play Tournament (As long as they are eligible).
The Junior PGA Section Championship:
The Northern Ohio PGA Junior PGA Section Championship is a flagship program created by the PGA of America to offer exemptions into the National Junior PGA Championship at a local level.
CLICK HERE for more information about our local Section Championship
CLICK HERE to learn more about the National Jr PGA Championship
The Next Step College Prep 36-Hole Championship (Est. 2021):
The Northern Ohio PGA Junior Tour has seen growing interest in our Membership for more 36-Hole Championships to not only prepare Juniors for College golf, but also to help Juniors to be noticed by College Coaches without having the financial burden of travel golf.
All players registered will compete in an overall division: Boys 11-19 and Girls 11-19. All Boys will play from the same tee and all girls will play from the same tee.
The event will be ranked in Junior Golf Scoreboard and will be submitted to be considered for AJGA PBE Status (Not guaranteed). In the event the Championship gets PBE status, it will be posted on the tournament information page.
Tour Championship (Also known as the Kenny Novak Championship) Est. 1984:
The NOPGA Junior Tour offers a premier local 36-hole Championship for all 18-Hole Junior Tour Members. The long running championship has celebrated many Champions since its inaugural season in 1984 and is honored to continually be welcomed with open arms by the Members and Staff at Club Walden.
The NOPGA Junior Tour continues the event to not only provide a premier event for junior golfers, but to continue to honor and remember Junior Golfer, Kenny Novak, who gave his life to save others.
The Kenny Novak Tour Championship includes lunch, tee gifts, proximity prizes, and awards for the top places in each age division. Starting in 2021, all age divisions will be playing on both days for a 36-hole Championship.
After the first round the 16-19 divisions will have a 4-hole shootout sponsored by Merrill-Lynch.
- The Merrill-Lynch Shootout takes the top 8 boys and top 8 girls to compete. Two Players are eliminated from each hole until only one boy and one girl remain. Winners will receive a Merril-Lynch Shootout Trophy.
For more information about anything regarding Junior Golf, please contact Junior Golf Director, Bradley Sims, at Bsims@pgahq.com.
• The cost of membership is $105.00 Annually.
• Register before March 1st and receive $10 off the above membership.
• All players must be able to play 18 holes in recommended Pace of Play time. (Typically 12-14 minutes per hole at most)
• Registration for all NOPGA junior events must be made online by the deadline date (Always a week before). Please check your calendar before your sign up for any Northern Ohio PGA Junior Golf Event as there is a $5.00 cancellation fee. Registrations can be transferred by a staff member at no cost prior to the deadline date.
• All participants will be placed in their age division by their age as of August 3rd, 2021
• Tournaments are scratch, individual stroke play. Summer rules will be in effect for all tournaments unless stated otherwise at each event.
• Players are expected to understand of the Rules of Golf and the difference between a Permanent Rule and a Local Rule. Local Rules can/will change from an event to event basis
• The Junior Golf Staff may invoke a local rule to permit preferred lies in extreme weather conditions and will have the right to cancel said event due to extreme weather.
• Caddies are NOT allowed for 18-hole players during competition.
• All spectators must remain on the cart path or 25 yards away from group they are following; and may not communicate with players.
• Membership may be suspended or cancelled for willful disregard of the Rules of Golf, proper Golf Etiquette, not turning in a scorecard or for dishonest, unsportsmanlike or unbecoming conduct of player or guardian.
• Range finders are permitted by the Northern Ohio PGA as long as they do not measure elevation.
• Please keep your e-mail address up to date to receive tee times, tournament changes and championship invitations from the BlueGolf Registration System.
• Any questions please e-mail us at BSims@pgahq.com or call the Section Office at (216) 765-1214.
Junior Golf Scoreboard Ranking Tournaments:
With the junior golf world becoming so competitive, juniors are looking for a way to compete at the national level. The Northern Ohio PGA Junior Tours are now giving you that opportunity, and you do not have to drive across the country to do so. The Northern Ohio PGA will once again be combining single day events into 36-hole contests, making the contest eligible for Junior Golf Scoreboard Rankings. Below are the Northern Ohio PGA Junior Tour 36 hole ranked events at no additional charge. Majority of the ranked events will still be 18-hole contests, but those who sign up for the correct combination(s) of two 18 hole events listed below, will have their scores entered into the 36 hole contest for Junior Golf Scoreboard Rankings. There will be 36-hole championships that are available for all Junior Series age divisions. Junior Golf Scoreboard does charge a membership fee in order to be ranked. THE JUNIOR GOLF SCOREBOARD RANKINGS DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY GUARANTEE AJGA PBE STARS FOR THE COMBINATION. The AJGA is a separate entity and have different criteria as to what event and which age divisions in each event will receive the PBE Status. The Bluegolf schedule will state which events have JGS & AJGA next to each event if they are offered.
AJGA PBE STARS FOR JGS 36-HOLE EVENTS:
***ALL EVENT COMBINATIONS ARE PENDING APPROVAL FOR 2021***
Please note that field sizes have an influence on the number of stars for the event. If the field size is too low for the 36-Hole events it may affect the earning of stars for the events in future seasons.
YOU MUST PLAY IN BOTH 18-HOLE EVENTS OF THE SERIES TO HAVE A CHANCE TO EARN STARS. THE LOW SCORER OF THE 36-HOLES EARNS THE STARS AND WINNING ONE OF THE 18-HOLE EVENTS DOES NOT MEAN THE EARNING OF THE PBE STAR(S). YOU MUST COMPLETE BOTH DAYS OF A 36-HOLE CHAMPIONSHIP TO BE ELLIGIBLE AS WELL.
Performance Based Entry was introduced in 2003 as the means to determine AJGA tournament fields. This enables members to earn their way into AJGA tournaments based on performances at the national, regional and state levels.
The AJGA records information on all players (AJGA members and registered non-members) who play in a recognized event and meet the required finish in that event. AJGA members can view their status anytime in the AJGA Player Center on the AJGA website, ajga.org. By competing in Performance Based Entry-recognized tournaments, players may increase their "status" with the AJGA. For more information about PBE Stars CLICK HERE.
The AJGA website, ajga.org, is the official source for information regarding Performance Based Entry and is subject to change. The Northern Ohio PGA strongly urges all who want to learn more about AJGA to visit their official site.
TO VIEW ANY APPROVE PBE STARS FOR THE SEASON PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW
Points Table (Championship are double points)