2020 Bluegolf Schedule and Registration
2019 Kenny Novak Tour Championship Results
2019 Bluegolf Schedule and Results
The Northern Ohio PGA Junior Series is a group of tournaments for boys and girls ages 11-19. The tournaments are held at various Northern Ohio sites. These events are designed to offer juniors of all skill levels the opportunity to compete and enjoy learning how to handle the competition of tournament play.
Player of the Year point list will determine qualifiers in each age group to play in the Junior Section Championship at Portage CC and the Tour Championship at Club Walden.
Juniors can automatically qualify if they are the winner of one of the events leading up to the championships or ranking high in the Player of the Year points list by the Event Deadline. In the case that there are events between the deadline and the Championship itself, a player may still ‘qualify’ by winning the event. NO OTHER EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
Juniors must also be able to average 125 or below to play at the championship. Double points will be issued at the Junior Section Championship and at the Tour Championship.
- The cost of membership is $98.00 Annually.
- Register before May 1st and receive $8 off the above membership.
- All players must be able to play 18 holes in recommended Pace of Play time. (Typically 12-14 minutes per hole at most)
- Registration for all NOPGA junior events must be made online by the deadline date (Always a week before). Please check your calendar before your sign up for any Northern Ohio PGA Junior Golf Event as there are no refunds after the deadline date and a $3.00 cancellation fee before the deadline. Registrations can be transferred by a staff member at no cost.
- All participants will qualify in age division they will be on August 7th of the current year.
- Tournaments are scratch and stroke play. Summer rules will be in effect for all tournaments unless stated otherwise at each event.
- Players are expected to understand of the Rules of Golf and the difference between a Permanent Rule and a Local Rule. Local Rules can change from an event to event basis.
- The Junior Golf Staff may invoke a local rule to permit preferred lies in extreme weather conditions and will have the right to cancel said event due to extreme weather.
- Caddies are NOT allowed for 18 hole players of competition.
- All spectators must remain on the cart path or 25 yards away from group they are following; and may not communicate with players.
- Membership may be suspended or cancelled for willful disregard of the Rules of Golf, proper Golf Etiquette, not turning in a scorecard or for dishonest, unsportsmanlike or unbecoming conduct of player or guardian.
- Range finders are permitted by the Northern Ohio PGA as long as they do not measure elevation.
- Please keep your e-mail address up to date to receive tee times, tournament changes and championship invitations from the BlueGolf Registration System.
- Any questions please e-mail us at BSims@pgahq.com or call the Section Office at (216) 765-1214.
Junior Golf Scoreboard Ranking Tournaments
With the junior golf world becoming so competitive, juniors are looking for a way to compete at the national level. The Northern Ohio PGA Junior Tours are now giving you that opportunity, and you do not have to drive across the country to do so. The Northern Ohio PGA will once again be combining single day events into 36-hole contests, making the contest eligible for Junior Golf Scoreboard Rankings. Below are the Northern Ohio PGA Junior Tour 36 hole ranked events at no additional charge. The events will still be 18-hole contests, but those who sign up for the correct combination(s) of two 18 hole events listed below, will have their scores entered into the 36 hole contest for Junior Golf Scoreboard Rankings.
- #1 NOPGA Jr Ranked Series #1 (Two 18 hole events combined)
- May 3 – Trumbull CC – Warren, OH
- May 16 – Wooster CC – Wooster, OH
- #2 NOPGA Jr Ranked Series #2 (Two 18 hole events combined)
- May 23 – Riceland GC – Orrville, OH
- May 26 – CC of Hudson – Hudson, OH
- #3 NOPGA Jr Ranked Series #3 (Two 18 hole events combined)
- June 1 – Lake Forest CC – Hudson, OH
- June 4 – Avon Oaks CC – Avon, OH
- #4 NOPGA Jr Ranked Series #4 (Two 18 hole events combined)
- June 6 – Mill Creek GC – Boardman, OH
- June 12 – Black Brook GC – Mentor, OH
- #5 NOPGA Junior Sectional Championship #5
- (Invite only through qualifiers)
- June 8 & 9 – Portage CC – Akron, OH
- #6 NOPGA Jr Ranked Series #6 (Two 18 hole events combined)
- June 15 – Turkeyfoot Lake Golf Links – Portage Lakes, OH
- June 16 – Ellsworth Meadows GC – Hudson, OH
- #7 NOPGA Jr Ranked Series #7 (Two 18 hole events combined)
- June 18 – Silver Lake CC – Stow, OH
- June 22 – Fairlawn CC – Fairlawn, OH
- #8 NOPGA Jr Ranked Series #8 (Two 18 hole events combined)
- June 26 – Tannenhauf GC – Alliance, OH
- July 2 – Rawiga CC – Seville, OH
- #9 NOPGA Jr Ranked Series #9 (Two 18 hole events combined)
- July 6 – Pine Hills GC – Hinckley, OH
- July 10 – Fox Den GC – Stow, OH
- #10 NOPGA Jr Ranked Series #10 (Two 18 hole events combined)
- July 13 – Pine Lakes GC – Hubbard, OH
- July 14 – Chippewa GC – Doylestown, OH
- #11 NOPGA Jr Ranked Series #11 (Two 18 hole events combined)
- July 16 or 17 – Windmill Lakes GC – Ravenna, OH
- Boys 16-19 play on the 16th; All remaining division on the 17th
- July 20 – Columbia Hills CC – Columbia Station, OH
- July 16 or 17 – Windmill Lakes GC – Ravenna, OH
- #12 NOPGA Tour Championship #12 (Boys & Girls 16-19 ONLY)
- July 29 & 30 – Club Walden – Aurora, OH
AJGA PBE STARS FOR JGS 36-HOLE EVENTS
(Event Combinations correlate with JGS Events above):
***ALL EVENT COMBINATIONS ARE PENDING APPROVAL FOR 2020***
Please note that field sizes have an influence on the number of stars for the event. If the field size is too low for the 36-Hole events it may effect the earning of stars for the events in future seasons.
YOU MUST PLAY IN BOTH 18-HOLE EVENTS OF THE SERIES TO HAVE A CHANCE TO EARN STARS. THE LOW SCORER OF THE 36-HOLES EARNS THE STARS AND WINNING ONE OF THE 18-HOLE EVENTS DOES NOT MEAN THE EARNING OF THE PBE STAR(S)
Performance Based Entry was introduced in 2003 as the means to determine AJGA tournament fields. This enables members to earn their way into AJGA tournaments based on performances at the national, regional and state levels.
The AJGA records information on all players (AJGA members and registered non-members) who play in a recognized event and meet the required finish in that event. AJGA members can view their status anytime in the AJGA Player Center on the AJGA website, ajga.org. By competing in Performance Based Entry-recognized tournaments, players may increase their "status" with the AJGA. For more information about PBE Stars CLICK HERE.
The AJGA website, ajga.org, is the official source for information regarding Performance Based Entry and is subject to change. The Northern Ohio PGA strongly urges all who want to learn more about AJGA to visit their official site.
***Please check back here at a later time for 2020 DATES for AJGA PBE Stars.***
Points Table (CURRENTLY UNDER REVIEW FOR 2020)
2020 NOPGA Junior Tour Schedule
Please note that the time listed is for the first tee time of the event beginning with the oldest age group.