The PGA Jr. League Championship will be hosted at Grayhawk Golf Club in Scottsdale, AR., November 16-19. All of PGA Junior League would not be possible without the help of our Presenting Sponsor: NATIONAL CAR RENTAL
Each of the last two years, PGA REACH, Grayhawk Golf Club and National Car Rental have worked together with Golf Channel to air a two-hour, primetime special highlighting the event. This year’s show will debut on Dec. 4, airing at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT and 12:30 p.m. ET/9:30 p.m. PT.
PGA Jr. League brings friends and families together around fun, co-ed team golf experiences, with expert coaching and instruction from PGA and LPGA Professionals. Boys and girls learn and play golf in a fun and inclusive team environment, utilizing a scramble format for competition that accommodates players of all skill levels.
Following the close of the regular season (July 31), 10-player All-Star Teams were formed from a combination of players in each league, based upon standings. All-Star Teams competed in Sectional qualifiers, followed by Section Championships hosted by all 41 PGA Sections nationwide. In total, 48 Section Champions moved to 12 Regionals, with the 12 Regional winners advancing to the PGA Jr. League Championship presented by National Car Rental.
This year, a record 51,000 boys and girls played on nearly 4,000 teams nationwide, up from 42,000 kids on 3,400 teams in 2017. Based on the growth of the program, the PGA Jr. League Championship expanded from eight teams to 12 this year.
Below are the 12 Regional Champions and their Captains and Coaches, which includes the regular season golf facilities of each All-Star team:
- Team Connecticut– Players are from Fairview Farm Golf Course (Harwinton, Conn.); Chippanee Golf Club (Bristol, Conn.); Crestbrook Park Golf Course (Watertown, Conn.); and Watertown (Conn.) Golf Club
Captain: Bob Sparks, PGA; Coach: Jim Bunel, PGA Associate (both of Fairview Farm Golf Course)
- Team California*– All players are from Encinitas (Calif.) Ranch Golf Course
Captain: John Mason, PGA; Coach: Jackie DeWald-Mason
- Team Washington – Players are from Bellingham (Wash.) Golf & Country Club and Skagit Golf & Country Club (Burlington, Wash.)
Captain: Rick Blankenburg, PGA, Bellingham Golf & Country Club; Coach: Keith Wilson
- Team Virginia – All players are from 1757 Golf Club in Dulles, Va.
Captain: Scott Holmes, PGA; Coach: Mike Aldrich, PGA
- Team Ohio*– All players are from Mallard Creek Golf Club in Columbia Station, Ohio
Captain: Jim Wise, PGA; Coach: Chris Reed
- Team Louisiana– Players are from David Toms Golf Academy (Shreveport, La.); East Ridge Country Club (Shreveport, La.); and Southern Trace Country Club (Shreveport, La.)
Captain: Shaun Webb, PGA; Coach: Adam Young (both of David Toms Golf Academy)
- Team Delaware– Players are from Hartefeld National Golf Course (Avondale, Pa.); Wilmington (Delaware) Country Club; Rock Manor Golf Course (Wilmington, Del.); and Kennett Square (Penn.) Golf & Country Club
Captain: Dave Seeman, PGA, Hartefeld National Golf Course; Coach: Shawn Gross
- Team Arkansas*– Players are from Hot Springs (Ark.) Country Club; Pleasant Valley Country Club (Little Rock, Ark.); and Hot Springs Village (Ark.)
Captain: Barry Howard, PGA; Coach: Leo Di Marino (both of Hot Springs Country Club)
- Team Texas*– All players are from Axis Golf Academy in Montgomery, Texas
Captain: Ben Willman, PGA; Coach: EJ Kim, PGA
- Team Georgia*– All players are from TPC Sugarloaf in Duluth, Ga.
Captain: Patrick McCrary, PGA; Coach: Greg Powers
- Team Illinois*– All players are from Cog Hill Golf & Country Club in Lemont, Ill.
Captain: Kevin Weeks, PGA; Coach: Clayton Pendergraft, PGA
- Team Minnesota– All players are from TPC Twin Cities in Blaine, Minn.
Captain: Jay Norman, PGA; Coach: Tony Serpico, PGA Associate